Friday, March 30, 2007

Somebody is praying for rain...


I am in awe of a God so omnipotent that He could hear the prayers of His people all over the world. It amazes me that He knows our hearts and fulfills our needs. As I was walking through the pouring rain today, I realized that someone must be praying for rain. I'm sure that there are many people praying for a nice, sunny weekend (for our own selfish reasons)...But think of all the farmers out there who are concerned about their crops. They're praying for rain & I'm convinced that God has not only heard their prayers, but He has answered them. It looks like rain all weekend. So it's true...the fervent prayers of the righteous man avails much!
Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
What truth! Let us hold on to that Scripture...tuck it in our hearts so that when the storms of life come...we will remember His faithfulness! He has heard the cry of the farmers....and He hears ours, too!




7 comments:

Graceland King said...

It's an answer to my prayers, now I don't have to rake this weekend.

Jilb said...

Haha, good one king!

What a good way to think about things Jamie. Normally I just complain about the rain and how much it stinks but you've got me thinking about it a whole new way.

Miss you too!

Faye... said...

...singin' in the rain!
hey...thanks!
It's always soooo good to see you, and I love your new doo!
I hope for what you are hoping for(tee hee)
Love ya!!!
P.S. Ran into Angie,it's great to be able to pick up right where we left off!

dangeresque dan said...

Now you need a new post.

JC said...

Hey Jamie- miss you!
Rob- you are too funny.

Jilb said...

Hey, I need your addy!

dangeresque dan said...

Ok. One question. If somebody was praying for rain who prayed for snow and sub-freezing temperatures?