Friday, March 23, 2007

A Life Remembered


Born in February 1997. Died March 20, 2007. Lucca lived a life that most dogs could only dream of. She had her freedom and she enjoyed every minute of it. Back in 1997, my friend Mella and I got her as a puppy. After seeing how hard it was to have a puppy in town, we realized how much more she loved it out at my parents' house where she could run free. She lived 10 years of her life in the country, and I don't think that she had any regrets.
If Lucca would've been a human, she would have been a friend to many (she was, even as a dog). It's weird to say, but in a way her life inspires me. When she slept, sometimes you could tell that she was running in her dreams (doing what she loved). She did what she wanted and had no fears. She lived within the rules of my father, but she adored him intensely. He was her master. She did whatever she could to please him.
How I long to be such an obedient daughter to my Master! How I long to run in the fields of grace...without a worry in the world!
Lucca died doing what she loved to do. She was running. She was on her daily adventure which usually took her into the woods, down the old railroad tracks, and unfortunately for her...across the highway. She had a good life and will be sincerely missed. She was a good dog! I think that we could all learn a thing or two from her life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful, Jamie. She will be missed dearly.
Christie

Anonymous said...

I miss her, hugs mella