Monday, July 23, 2007

My Island

Have you ever been surrounded by people and still feel like you're on your own little island? Or have you ever walked through the house and heard the echo of your own footsteps?
A dad plays with his little girl next door. A couple walks with their toddler over to the neighbors' to sit on the patio and enjoy the nice weather. A man and his friend get their boat ready for a day at the lake.... And I sit and wonder why it seems as though the walls of this house echo. I even heard a dog barking outside and wished my puppy was here.
I prayed for the day that we could make the move back up to Hibbing, meanwhile Rob continued to enjoy his job and all of his co-workers down here. When the opportunity finally arose to move, Rob went and I stayed. Maybe I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself...or maybe I just miss my husband so much that I can hardly function.
Lord, sell our house and get me a job I pray!
I guess somethings aren't meant to be understood.

2 comments:

Colonel Havoc said...

We're praying with you...

Good writing, by the way.

Jilb said...

You're in our prayers too!

Let me know how everything goes...