Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Here's to Wishful Thinking....

As we walked through "our" new house last night...I was so excited! I was taking pictures and holding up paint colors. The house was even better than I had remembered! There were more and bigger closets, bigger bedrooms, and all seemed to be just perfect.... And then Rob came up the steps from downstairs and said to me, "You don't want to go down there!" We had known that there was a little mishap with the sump pump...and therefore a little water down there, but little did we realize what damage had been done. I thought he was kidding, but saw the seriousness in his face. Of course, being as curious as I am, I wanted to go down there. My world was shattered as I saw mold growing up the side of the sheet rock. It wasn't just in the utility room....It was throughout the whole basement. In shock and udder disappointment, we walked upstairs only to see a crack in the beam between the living and dining rooms. Under the crack was what appeared to be more mold. None of this was there before. The house was built in 2004... It was (and I emphasize "WAS" because it isn't anymore) beautiful!
Well, there you have it. My wheels kept spinning in my mind to think of what we could do to fix it. But, I think it's too late. After a lot of thinking and a lot of prayer, we decided to back out. Lord willing, we'll find something else soon.
So, here we are, homeless once again.

2 comments:

JC said...

OH Jamie, I'm so sorry for you, but I'm glad you found the mold. It would be terrible to have moved in after the closing to find it then. God has a better plan for you guys. I'm so sorry that you guys had to go through all that.

dangeresque dan said...

How's about a new post? It's been a while. No new news?